About the ROPE Program
The Rite of Passage Experience (ROPE) is an Africentric program designed to assist male teenagers transitioning from boyhood to adulthood. Adolescence males tend to find themselves pulled and tugged by forces beyond their control as they make the confusing and often perilous trip to manhood. Through ROPE, mentors spend time trying to understand what happens to boys in this journey and how we can help shape them into better men.
The mission of the ROPE Program is to model life-affirming examples of masculinity to male teenage youth that result in a healthy, productive nonviolent transition from boyhood to manhood.
Who can participate?
- You can participate in the program if you are:
- A male teenager between 13-18 years old
- Aspiring to enhance his life in areas of academic achievement and career
- Willing to commit 2 hours a week
What do we do?
- Africentric Manhood Training
- Recreational Activities
- Parenting Sessions
- Resources for the Journey
Benefits from the program
- Meet and interact with positive male role models
- Establish a desire to excel
- Develop leadership skills
- Build self-confidence
- Improve ability to set and accomplish goals
- Enhance decision-making skills
- Develop non-cognitive skills (a.k.a. soft skills)
- Providing Mentorship and Life Experiences to the Next Generation